Last updated Nov 2020
We at Nectis Ltd, with registered address in Scotland, UK, are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of visitors to our website and the users of our Unlocking Potential application at https://www.UnlockingPotential.io/.
EU General Data Protection Regulation
Data protection law changed on 25 May 2018, the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 superseding the Data Protection Act, became enforceable across Europe, including the UK.
We have updated our policies to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulations (the “GDPR”), and we are committed to continue our efforts to comply and protect visitors and users of our website and other services.
We welcome any questions you may have about how we secure your personal data. We welcome your feedback and would like to remind you that you, as a user of our services, have the right to request that we delete any personal data we hold on you
About Personal Data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be uniquely identified by the data. Examples of that are name, surnames, personal email address, IP address (which identifies the computer you use).
Information We Collect from You and How We Use It
In running and maintaining our website we endeavour to collect and process only essential data about you as visitors and users of our website and application. This information may include:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed, resources, and may include traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information that you freely provide when you communicate with us by any means, such as your name, surnames, email/postal address and telephone number.
- Information that you and your staff/group members freely provide about other people in the network, such as names, surnames and what type of relationship links them in social capital terms. This specific type of information on social capital metrics is lawfully covered by GDPR under ‘legitimate interest’.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics such as traffic data, location data and other communication data.
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer or visiting the help pages of your web browser.
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
Use of Your Information
We may use the Personal Information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services (Social Network Maps, Social Capital CompassTM, dynamic dashboard results and Social Impact Reports).
- To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials or offers and other such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, our Terms, services or goods and products.
- To analyze user activity in order to improve the user experience on the site.
Processing and Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website and application we securely process and store data in secure GDPR compliant third-party providers. Please see table below for a list of our third party providers partners.
When transmitting personal data over the internet or over wireless communication network, we use an encrypted communication protocol (TLS).
It may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing.
We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data once in our system is treated and stored securely. Your activity and sending of information via the Internet is not totally secure and might still be visible to others such as:
- Websites you visit, including the ads and resources used on those sites
- Your employer, school, or whoever runs the network you are using
- Your Internet Service Provider
We cannot guarantee the security of data that you send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk and we at Nectis cannot be held liable if the communication is compromised on your end.
List of Third Party Provider Partner Organisations we use to process and store data
|BITBUCKET||Bitbucket is a web-based version control repository hosting service, for source code and development projects.||An Atalassian Product committed to GDPR Compliance. Find their Privacy Statement here|
|HEROKU||Heroku is a platform as a service (PaaS) that enables developers to build, run, and operate applications entirely in the cloud.||A Salesforce Service. Read Salesforce GDPR information here|
|ROLLBAR||Rollbar is an Error Tracking Software platform||Read their GDPR compliance statement here|
|DIGITAL OCEAN||A cloud-computing platform of virtual servers and storage.||Read their Privacy Statement here|
How We Share Your Information
We may share customer data in accordance with our agreement with the customer, including:
- With affiliates, in our corporate group to process Customer Data.
- With third party service providers and integrations, such as payment processors, to process information including customer data, on our behalf.
- With our Customers, partners or other business, for research purposes or macro data analysis, to whom we may share anonymous aggregated or de-identified Customer data.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- In the event that we sell or transfer any or all of our business to a third party
- To ensure fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Your Information
In accordance with the General Data Protection Act you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. This right may be exercised by emailing us at [email protected] . We will aim to respond to any requests for information promptly.